Shidolo Camp – Self Service Bush Camp
Shidolo Bush Camp Pictures
Shidolo is a lovely, yet rustic, camp with NO ELECTRICITY. It is similar to camping and is a real African bush experience! Be prepared to sit around a comfy outside fire and see a magnificent, star-filled night sky which includes views of the Milky Way Galaxy on a perfect night. Also, be ready to hear the lions roar, jackals howl, and birds chirping throughout the day and night! This is the perfect camp to truly disconnect from the world and technology as it is set in the middle of the African bush with just nature surrounding you. This is a fantastic way to experience Africa. Are you up for the challenge?
What is Supplied:
- Towels and Bed Linens
- Basic Cleaning Supplies
- Basic Kitchen Utensils – forks, knives, spoons, plates, spatula, can opener, cups / mugs, pots, and pans.
- Parafin Lamps
- Solar Battery – for charging small mobile devices.
- Gas Powered Stove, Refrigerator, Freezer, and Showers.
What You Need To Bring:
- Headlamps and Flashlights – as there is no electricty!
- Hand Soap
- Toilet Paper
- Spices for Food – salt, pepper, oil, etc.
- Tea, Coffee, Soft Drinks, Drinking Water, etc
- Food – depending on the length of your stay, be prepared to supply yourself with food for your entire stay.
- Mosquito Net – if needed.
Other Important Information:
- Shidolo is a communal camp and home to Trust Staff. You are expected to clean up after yourself and may be assigned to clean communal spaces, such as the kitchen, depending on your length of stay.
- There are two friendly outdoor-only cats residing at Shidolo – Chaka and Anu. They tend to stay outside although they do have a tendency to sneak into the two rondavels at Shidolo at night in attempts to snuggle. Make sure to bring allergy medicine if needed.
- Be prepared for extreme weather. In the winter, bring warm clothes as night temperatures and lion checks are very cold. In the summer, bring light clothing that still protects your skin from the elements and bugs.
- If you plan on using electronics at another camp at some point, please bring an adapter. South African adapters have a unique configuration of fat round prongs in a 3-prong design. Plug adapters can be purchased at the Johannesburg airport or at the Pick’nPay in Hoedspruit.
Shidolo Bush Camp 360 View
Instructions for 360 Shidolo View Below:
3D Labeled Diagram:
Below is a diagram of our Shidolo Bush camp.
The Shidolo Main House Contains:
- 3 bedrooms & 2.5 Bathrooms
- 1 indoor kitchen with a gas powered stove oven, refrigerator, and full size freezer.
- The 2 back bedrooms contain 2 twin beds in each. These share the bathroom located beside them.
- The third bedroom contains one queen bed and its own bathroom.
The Shidolo Rondavels Contain:
- Two twin beds in each
- Their own outdoor shower, toilet, and sink.
- Cabinets for clothes.
3D Interactive Diagram Instructions:
Press the “3D VIEW” button below to activate the 3D diagram.